Home Remedies for Halitosis (Bad Breath)
Alternative Names: Bad Breath, Bad Odour
Some of the Common Home Remedies for the Curing Halitosis fast are:
- Mint Leaves: Powder the dried mint leaves. Use as toothpowder.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Tea made by boiling 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds taken twice or thrice a day. A little honey or lemon juice can be added to improve the flavor.
- Brush your Tongue: Brush your tongue along with your teeth regularly.
- Toothbrush: Clean and replace your toothbrush regularly.
- Yoghurt: A recent study by a Dental research center says that eating plain yogurt for about 6 weeks can sweeten your breath as it helps to reduce the levels of offensive compounds produced by bacteria in the mouth by 80%.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Green Leaves: Chew some green leaves regularly for fresh breath.
- Lemon Juice: Add the juice of half a lemon to a glass of water & rinse your mouth just before sleeping.
- Proper Brushing Technique: If you keep teeth, tongue, and mouth clean, you will not suffer from the problem of bad breath. You should take proper care of your teeth and should brush your teeth at least twice daily - once in the morning and once at night before sleeping. Follow the good oral hygiene rules. You may also consult to your family dentist for more tips on dental hygiene.
- Breath Freshners: Parsley, coriander, basil, rosemary, thyme, wintergreen, cardamom seeds, cinnamon bark, clove, fennel or anise seeds are great breath freshners. Slowly chew any of these herbs and allow the saliva to build up in your mouth.
- Green Cardamom: Chewing a Green cardamom after meals and during long intervals.
- Brush your teeth after every meal.
- Exercise, fresh air and deep breathing stimulate a good supply of oxygen to the system.
- Lemon Pips: An old-fashioned remedy to kill worms (which cause notoriously bad breath) in small children was to simmer these in honey and spoon down the gooey mixture whilst still warm.
- Salt water - Rinse your mouth out with warm water and salt. This is also a remedy used to help get rid of a sore throat.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - For such an odd smelling liquid, vinegar has many uses and can help cure quite a few ailments. Add a little bit of apple cider vinegar to your water and drink it at least once per day.
HEALTH CARE | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | BLOG
Copyright © 2006 Health-Care-Tips.org. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The services and information provided here are for information purposes. These information are not intended to act as a substitute for a professional healthcare practitioner advise. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, please consult your doctor.
Only personal contact with the qualified healthcare practitioner of your choice - who knows your health history, who can examine you, and who can bring expertise and experience to bear on your situation -- can yield advice about how you ought to handle any of the information you obtain from sources accessed through this service.